Providing supplemental oxygen to those that need it is an essential element of emergency care. The Second Edition of Oxygen Administration is designed to provide an understanding of how to safely handle and administer oxygen in various settings.
Key topics discussed in the Oxygen Administration, Second Edition course include:
- The components that make up a supplemental oxygen system.
- The various types of supplemental oxygen devices.
- Important safety, storage, service, and maintenance steps regarding the use of supplemental oxygen systems.
- The importance of supplemental oxygen in the care of victims of sudden illness or injury.
- Using supplemental oxygen equipment when providing care for a breathing or nonbreathing victim.